The Tekton Pipelines project provides k8s-style resources for declaring CI/CD-style pipelines.
Tekton Pipelines are Cloud Native:
- Run on Kubernetes
- Have Kubernetes clusters as a first class type
- Use containers as their building blocks
Tekton Pipelines are Decoupled:
- One Pipeline can be used to deploy to any k8s cluster
- The Tasks which make up a Pipeline can easily be run in isolation
- Resources such as git repos can easily be swapped between runs
Tekton Pipelines are Typed:
- The concept of typed resources means that for a resource such as an
Image, implementations can easily be swapped out (e.g. building with kaniko v.s. buildkit)
Want to start using Pipelines
- Installing Tekton Pipelines
- Jump in with the "Getting started" tutorial!
- Take a look at our roadmap
- Discover our releases
Required Kubernetes Version
- Starting from the v0.24.x release of Tekton: Kubernetes version 1.18 or later
- Starting from the v0.27.x release of Tekton: Kubernetes version 1.19 or later
- Starting from the v0.30.x release of Tekton: Kubernetes version 1.20 or later
- Starting from the v0.33.x release of Tekton: Kubernetes version 1.21 or later
- Starting from the v0.39.x release of Tekton: Kubernetes version 1.22 or later
- Starting from the v0.41.x release of Tekton: Kubernetes version 1.23 or later
Read the docs
The latest version of our docs is available at:
See our API compatibility policy for info on the stability level of the API.
See our Deprecations table for features that have been deprecated and the earliest date they'll be removed.
v1alpha1 to v1beta1
In the move from v1alpha1 to v1beta1 several spec fields and Tekton CRDs were updated or removed .
For users migrating their Tasks and Pipelines from v1alpha1 to v1beta1, check out the spec changes and migration paths.
Want to contribute
We are so excited to have you!