English | 简体中文
Notice: If you open a pull request in TUIKit Android or iOS and the corresponding changes are successfully merged, your name will be included in README.md with a hyperlink to your homepage on GitHub.
Build real-time social messaging capabilities with all the features into your applications and websites based on powerful and feature-rich chat APIs, SDKs and UIKit components.
TUIKit is a UI component library based on Tencent Cloud IM SDK. It provides universal UI components to offer features such as conversation, chat, search, relationship chain, group, and audio/video call features.
Tencent Cloud branch download address: Download
Differences Between the Basic Edition and the Enhanced Edition
- SDK added the Enhanced Edition from SDK 5.4. The original edition is called the Basic Edition.
- Both the Basic Edition and Enhanced Edition support V2 APIs. However, the Enhanced Edition no longer supports legacy APIs while the Basic Edition still supports legacy APIs.
- If you have not integrated legacy APIs, we recommend that you directly use V2 APIs and choose the Enhanced Edition SDK.
- If you have integrated legacy APIs, we recommend that you upgrade to V2 APIs and gradually transition to the Enhanced Edition SDK.
- Compared with the Basic Edition, the Enhanced Edition has greatly reduced the SDK size and installation package increment.
- Compared with the Basic Edition, the Enhanced Edition provides more new features.
- Subsequent development of new features will only be supported on the Enhanced Edition. The Basic Edition supports only routine maintenance and fixing of existing problems.
- Enhanced Edition Pro has been released from SDK 6.8 version which supports dual line acceleration on network layer and provides better performance for bad network environment.
Comparison of the SDK sizes
Comparison of the app size increments
Guidelines for Upgrading IMSDK to V2 APIs
Latest Enhanced Version 7.4.4661 @2023.09.08
- Fix the exception caused by clearing unread messages with one click.
- Fix the occasional exception that occurs when searching for cloud messages.
Latest Basic Version 5.1.66 @2021.09.22
- Removed the feature of getting Wi-Fi information.
- If you encounter any issue when using TIMSDK, please provide feedback on the problem to us so that we can quickly and effectively locate and solve the issue for you.
- TIMSDK Issue Feedback Guidelines