English | 简体中文
Notice: If you open a pull request in TUIKit Android or iOS and the corresponding changes are successfully merged, your name will be included in README.md with a hyperlink to your homepage on GitHub.
Tencent Cloud branch download address: Download
Differences Between the Basic Edition and the Enhanced Edition
- SDK added the Enhanced Edition from SDK 5.4. The original edition is called the Basic Edition.
- Both the Basic Edition and Enhanced Edition support V2 APIs. However, the Enhanced Edition no longer supports legacy APIs while the Basic Edition still supports legacy APIs.
- If you have not integrated legacy APIs, we recommend that you directly use V2 APIs and choose the Enhanced Edition SDK.
- If you have integrated legacy APIs, we recommend that you upgrade to V2 APIs and gradually transition to the Enhanced Edition SDK.
- Compared with the Basic Edition, the Enhanced Edition has greatly reduced the SDK size and installation package increment.
- Compared with the Basic Edition, the Enhanced Edition provides more new features.
- Subsequent development of new features will only be supported on the Enhanced Edition. The Basic Edition supports only routine maintenance and fixing of existing problems.
Comparison of the SDK sizes
Comparison of the app size increments
Guidelines for Upgrading IMSDK to V2 APIs
Latest Enhanced Version 6.6.3002 @2022.08.18
- Supported labeling a member of an audio-video group.
- Supported removing a member from an audio-video group.
- Fixed the occasional crash of the topic update callback for Android.
- Fixed incorrect enumerated values in notifications of group joining option changes.
- Fixed the issue where no callback for
onTopicInfoChangedwas received after custom topic fields were set.
- Optimized the issue for Android where the network IP was requested repeatedly.
TUIKit and demo
- Supported marking conversations as unread/read, hiding conversations, and folding group conversations.
- Replaced TUICalling with TUICallKit.
- TUICallKit supported displaying the audio or video call in a floating window.
- Supported enabling or disabling group grid profile photos as needed.
- TUIChat supported customizing background images.
- Optimized the TUIOfflinePush component for Android to support calling back the app when users click received messages in the notification bar and to support packaging into native plugins for uni-app.
- The TUIKit for Android supported a three-tier community mode: community - group - topic.
- Supported showing emoji in the input box for iOS.
- Supported showing default profile photos by group type.
- Supported showing security tips all the time in the Demo.
- Fixed the compatibility and compliance issues arising from using the WebView in the TUICore theme component.
- Fixed the issue where repeated messages displayed occasionally when users clicked messages pushed offline to enter the chat interface.
Latest Basic Version 5.1.66 @2021.09.22
- Removed the feature of getting Wi-Fi information.
- If you encounter any issue when using TIMSDK, please provide feedback on the problem to us so that we can quickly and effectively locate and solve the issue for you.
- TIMSDK Issue Feedback Guidelines